Stonehaven is a perfect location for families or commuters who need access to Aberdeen and its surrounding area. It is just 15 miles south of the City and on the edge of the Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route (AWPR), giving excellent access to North and South.
The development is situated on the Slug Road, giving access to Royal Deeside just 14 miles away. Walking into the town centre is a pleasant 20-minute stroll.
Stonehaven has something to keep you entertained all year round, from the historical Dunnottar Castle to the magnificent views of the sea and harbour. With a number of excellent restaurants, bars and shops there is something for everyone, no matter what age. The Hogmanay ‘Fireball’ celebrations have also put Stonehaven on the map.
There are well-established primary and secondary schools to choose from in the local area, including three Primary schools and the prestigious Mackie Academy. Further and higher education establishments are available in Aberdeen.
Ury Estate is easily accessible via the A90 dual-carriageway and the AWPR. It is within easy commuting distance of Aberdeen and Dundee is only 45 minutes away. Stonehaven offers a variety of travel solutions, including regular bus and train services accessing the entire east coast of Scotland. Aberdeen International Airport is a mere 25 minutes from the Estate and Edinburgh International Airport is a two-hour drive away.
Aberdeen – 12.6 miles
Dundee – 69.6 miles
Edinburgh – 132 miles
Glasgow – 149 miles
- On high cliffs overlooking the waves, two miles to the south of Stonehaven sits Dunnottar Castle, one of the finest in Scotland. Discover its history and legendary tales while taking in the breathtaking views.
- There are many fantastic cliff walks around the area – keep your eyes peeled for dolphins, seals and many coastal birds.
- Stonehaven’s sheltered working harbour is busy with sailing yachts and fishing boats. Enjoy the magnificent views of the sea and explore the fishing town’s heritage at the Tolbooth Museum.
- Celebrate Hogmanay in a unique way by enjoying the spectacle of Stonehaven’s legendary fireballs ceremony, where people swing blazing balls of fire above their heads to ward off evil spirits.
- Stonehaven is lucky enough to have an open-air heated lido swimming pool, which is open from May to September. Located within a stunning Art Deco building, it offers a great range of swimming sessions for everyone including quiet swims for adults, early morning sessions, kid’s fun events and midnight swims.
- For the freshest local fish, visit the array of local bars and restaurants dotted along Stonehaven harbour and shore. Try the Tolbooth Seafood Restaurant The Ship Inn and The Waterfront Cafe Bar.
Ury Estate is situated within a short drive of many of Scotland’s, and the world’s, best golf courses and provides the perfect gateway to any golf enthusiast keen to play and live in the home of golf.
Carnoustie Golf Links – 47.4 miles
St Andrews Links – 64.8 miles
Gleneagles – 91.1 miles